Do you have a Harrisburg PA house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the PA foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. The sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Harrisburg? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Harrisburg who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates, and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explain your situation and demonstrate your willingness to fix the problems to make it right.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made. If possible, get the person’s email address and immediately follow your phone call with a follow up email reiterating what you spoke about. Ask if you misunderstood anything or add any follow up questions you may have missed in the phone conversation. This is an easy way to make sure there are no misunderstandings and to keep a paper trail.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Harrisburg and the whole state of PA get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and sometimes even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Harrisburg, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.